Home » » Academic Conversations

Academic Conversations

Academic convers sations are conversations between students and professors or other academic personnel on a college or university campus.
     In some longer conversations, you will hear an acdemic conversatin between two speakers.
     When you hear a conversation, you must be able to summarize the main ideas. You may also be asked to recall important details.

Example

Marcy               : Do you have a minute, Dr. Peterson?
Dr. Peterson      : Sure. Come on in, Marcy. What's the problem?
Marcy               : Well, i'm not sure. I got this letter. and i don't understand it very well.
Dr. Petersone    : Let's see it.
Marcy               : It's from the financial Aid Office, Are the going to cancel my student aid?
Dr Petersone     : I would hope not. Hmmm. Oh. I see. Heres what happened. You are only Registered for three hours next semester.

Marcy               : Thatt's true, but I plan to register for another class during open regostration. I heard about a new environmental science course, and I'am waiting for it to be assigned a sequence number.
Dr. Peterson      : Well, then don't have a problem.You see, the trems of your grant require that you take at least six hourse per semester.
Marcy                :  I know, but I've never gotten a letter before.
Dr. Petersone     : I think it's a new procedure. Don't worry about it. Just be sure to sgn up for at least three more hours before the beginning of the semester.
Marcy                : Thanks. Dr peterson. I'm really glad yoou were in your office today 

Questions          : What is Marcy's problem?
Answer             : She has received a letter from the financial Aid Office.
Questions          : Why did Marcy receive a letter?
Answer             : She did not register for six hours this semester?
Questions         :  What had Marcy planned to do?
Answer             : Register for three more hours during open registration.
Questions          : How does Marcy feel when she leaves Dr. Peterson's office?
Answer             : Relieved.


Sumber Referensi
Barron's Educations series,Inc